Friday, November 12, 2010

TGIF, y'all!

Yay, the weekend is finally here! The nice seasonable temperatures that we were experiencing this time last weekend are long gone, so it looks like I'll be wearing flip flops and shorts as I head out today to begin my Christmas shopping. And while I'm excited to hit the stores with my mom, there's just something so very wrong with shorts in November, but what's a girl to do with highs near 80? Some say they just love the mild Southern Fall, but this belle could use a cold snap!

And if you noticed, I said shopping with my mom. Gillian Grace is one lucky girl to be spending the entire day with her daddy. Bret has the whole day planned with tons of playtime, bonding, and a trip to the park and fountain. Of course any half-way decent father/daughter day wouldn't be complete without a trip to Lowe's and lunch at Chick-Fil-A. I'll try to remember to bribe Bret to take along a camera, this is one date even I can't wait to see!

{Daddy and Sweet Bean, during a surprise lunch date at Bret's office}


Now it's time for a little Five Question Friday Fun with Mama M.

Five Question Friday

1. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?

When the stars align and klutziness meets perfect opportunity, strange and inexplicable incidents accidents are bound to occur. One carefree summer afternoon, a golf cart drive along the sandy shell lined pathways took a drastic turn as I rounded a corner. As I turned my thumb nail got caught on the steering wheel clip board, ripping my nail and entire cuticle clean out as the wheel continued to spin. Now, some ten years later, even childbirth doesn't compare to the pain and anguish I felt that day. I can still remember how intense the throbbing felt, like my heart was in my thumb. I'm not sure how something so small could hurt so badly, but it was honestly the most painful thing that I have ever experienced, bar none!



2. How much sleep do you get at night?

Unfortunately, the answer is---not enough! On average, I'm asleep by midnight and awake by around six the following morning.

And it's been years since I've slept like a....well, baby!

{Gillian Grace, 4 months old}



3. How long did you believe in Santa Claus? How did you find out that he does not exist?

What? Santa's not real?

And since I know this sweet girl believes in the magic of Christmas, I'm pretty sure I should too. After all, look how smart she looks!

{Since Sweet Bean loves everyone else's glasses, Gammie took the lenses out so she could have her own pair.}



4. What was the last movie you saw in a theater?

Don't laugh! The last movie I saw in a theater was Twilight's Eclipse. Before Eclipse this past summer, it had been three years since I'd last seen a movie in the theater.

Call me a movie snob, but I much prefer watching a movie in the comfort of my own home, where my feet don't stick to the floor, no one's smacking their popcorn in my ear, and I can pause the action for a quick snack run to the fridge, and return with a soda that didn't cost me seven bucks!




5. What do you wear to bed?

Um, hello?! Footie pajamas, of course! But I must admit, GG had a pair first, I'm just a copy cat! No really, I'm joking...

Or am I?

{Gillian Grace, November 2010}



Fun Phone Photo Friday

Bret came home a few days ago with this fun picture of GG to share. Gotta love Lil' Miss Priss---her future's so bright, she's gotta wear shades! (Gosh, I'm really dating myself with that song reference from the 80's, shesh!)


Want to share your own interesting and fun phone Friday photo? Link up!









Have a great weekend! And don't forget to enter my Royal Blue Papers Giveaway!


16 comments:

Sara said...

Have fun shopping today!! Can't wait to hear all about GG and her Daddy's day...hope he takes some pics ;-)

Love the pic of her sleeping at 4 months old...so precious!!

Jennifer said...

Ok...first of all I am so jealous that you are going shopping with your mom. Sure beats lugging 2 kids to the mall...LOL! Next, I am cringing just thinking of the pain of your poor finger! I am sure it was torture. Next, I love GG in her glasses. She looks so grown up :) Lastly, I am sure that Brett and GG are going to have a great daddy/daughter day. It is great that they get time to bond :)

Kristin said...

I am in love with that photo of GG sleeping at 4 months old. It is just perfection!

Enjoy your day shopping. Sounds like a great way to spend a Saturday!

Jumping Jack said...

Have fun shopping with your mama! I am so jealous! I'm pretty sure most of my Christmas shopping this year is going to be done on the internet.

Can't wait to see pics from GG's date with daddy!

Mama K said...

Ow! I cringed at the thought of your nail being ripped off completely!!

Love the pics of GG!

What's the easiest way to put photos on the computer from your phone? I'm a little techno-deficient when it comes to the computer/phone thing, but I would love to join in!

Shannon said...

I love the pics you posted! The picture of Gillian sleeping when she was younger is just too precious and I love the glasses- great idea!

Susan R said...

Okay that photo of Lil' Bit in her pink polka dot jammies is soooo sweet. Makes me baby hungry, but only for a second......wooosh now it's gone. Instead of another one of my own, I'll just love on yours. Have a great time shopping. Bret sounds like a keeper to me.

Sweet Southern Prep said...

Loved reading this. Can't believe you only sleep that little. What do you do until midnight - and what are you doing up at 6, girl?

That little pic of GG sleeping at 4 months, is just precious! Thanks for sharing!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

I think it is so great that you took lunch to Bret! How sweet of you :)

Giiiirl, you need to get to the movies more often! Do I need to drive down there so we can go?! Haha!

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

i'd go to the movie once a week if i could. there is something about a huge screen, loud speakers, dark room....to get lost in the movie! AWWWWWWWWWWWW I LOVE MOVIES!

love the pic of miss gg in her pink polka dot gown...lily had that gown too! i saved it. who knows #6 could be a girl!

Candice said...

That fingernail experience sounds seriously painful!!

Anonymous said...

ahhh that fingernail episode made me cringe!!! ahh. And I love footies :)

Stephanie said...

OK I am so jealous of your weather! I'm in Ontario Canada and we have been pretty lucky this November but I know the snow is coming!
Oh and yes, doesn't everyone wear footie PJs to bed?

Jennie said...

GG in those glasses is adorable!!! And I would have fainted if that had happened to my nail. I can't even think about it!

aceIN photography said...

hi there. your newest blog hop follower. happy MONDAY. i totally agree about the theater... i think me and my hubby attract the worst theater patrons that will sit directly in front, beside or behind us. I prefer the comforts of home too! anyway... would *love* a follow back. you can find me at:

http://aceandfriendsco.blogspot.com/

lots of FUN giveaways... come by and enter!

Liz said...

Your daughter is adorable! The picture in the glasses is so cute! Yay for teachers too!

Thanks for following, I'm following you back!