Monday, November 1, 2010

New Month---New Blog(s)

As I sit here just mere moments before the sun begins to rise, my sleep deprived eyes are having a difficult time focusing on the screen as the glow of the computer suddenly seems ten times brighter than it normally does. My hands are a bit shaky, either from the lack of sleep or the caffeine boost from the jumbo 32 ounce Diet Coke I nursed throughout the night as I worked feverishly,  like a college student cramming for mid-terms, to be prepared to make my "big announcement" come first thing Monday this morning.

And now as Sunday night has slowly tiptoed into Monday morning, I can honestly remember why I was never a fan of the all-nighter. Just losing one good night's sleep, I suddenly feel years older than my driver's license would indicate. But my goal was achieved, and for the most part everything is in place just as I had hoped. Today is a good day!

Beginning today, I am debuting my own design business, Persnickety Pages {& More}. Persnickety Pages {& More} has been a work in progress since May and though the blogging community needs another designer like Oprah needs a dollar, designing has given me an opportunity, and excuse, to exercise my creative side once again, something I haven't really done since I left the classroom. And while I'm excited to see where this new endeavor takes me, I know that I couldn't have made it this far without the support and encouragement of my husband and parents.

Persnickety Pages {& More} currently features blog design packages, and will soon include many varieties of stationery, including custom designs. And for everyone wanting to get a jump on the approaching Holiday season, I am very excited to share my first line of seasonal cards and stationery products in the upcoming weeks. I have big aspirations for my lil' design company! I'm not sure where it'll take me, but that's half the fun, at least that's what I'm telling myself.

Ummm, one guess as to who'll be napping today when Sweet Bean goes down---ME! But unlike Gillian Grace, I prefer to keep the blanket on my body, not over my head!






Images from GG's monitor hooked up to our tv.


Have a terrific day, y'all!











{Don't forget to check out and enter, my newest giveaway from Creme de la Gems!}

31 comments:

Jen said...

Hi! Congrats!
Your new site looks great!
Get some rest today!

Karen At Home Blog said...

Hi Shannon, I am so proud of you for taking the plunge and starting your own business. I know you will do such an amazing job!!! Please let me know if there is anything I can ever do for you to help get the word out!!!

Karen

Kelly said...

Congratulations!!! I wish you all the best with your new endeavor and am on my way to check out your link :) xoxo, Kelly

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

i love love love love the new look! and i love love your new work! you are soooo talented! glad you didn't keep this talent hidden for long! can't wait for you to design Reid's Giddy Up birth announcements!

you rock! now get some sleep! (maybe tues, the comments will be pouring in)

Liz said...

Go you! Good luck!

Mama K said...

Yay!! It's ready!

Love your new look here as well!

Hope you get some sleep today. That is priceless of GG with the blanket on her head. My little man does the same thing...except his is a big blanket and covers most of his body when he puts it on his head...takes him a few minutes to get it off ;)

Congrats again! I'm sure your hard work will be well worth it!

Candace said...

Congratulations!!!! I know you are nervously excited, and the Persnickety Pages site looks great! Your portfolio is adorable too. I might be shopping around once I can convince my husband that is is a need not a want!

Katie said...

Hey Shannon,

Your design site looks great! I recently closed mine down so I will be sending referrals your way!

Lindsay said...

Looks great girl! Congrats on the new venture! You will do great! HUGS

Kristin said...

Love the new design!

Jennifer said...

I am so excited for you!!! So, funny...before I read the post I said to myself, Shannon is so creative with designing her posts..she could have done this makeover herself! And you did :) It is totally you and it is great that that comes through. Looking foward to seeing what is ahead!

The Regal Pup said...

I love both new sites! Congrats on your new business. As soon as I get the green light from Bob, you are going to do my blog! :) So excited for you!!!

Take a nap too girl!!!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

I loooove your new blog design!!! It is SO wonderful! Laura's blog is divine!

And stationary - I can't wait to order some items from you!!!!

Give GG a big ole hug from me! The blanket over the head is so funny! Kids are so random!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I like your new design by the way. Very cute!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I love your new design! Now, go take a nap, Missy! :)

Unknown said...

Shannon- Your blog looks GREAT!!! You are SO talented and such a great example to GG!

Praying GG takes a long nap today :)

Sara said...

Congrats on your new endeavor and best wishes!! I love your new design!!

Unknown said...

I love your new look and your new site. I will be using you in the future!

Mungee's Ma said...

Congrats on your new endeavor! I can't wait to check out your design site. Hope you got some rest today!

Stephanie M. Page said...

I love love love your new sites. Do you have a facebook page? =) I love promoting you! yay! FUN! Woohoo!

Susan R said...

Wow! Big news. Souds fun.
Uh oh GG, the jig is up. No more all nighters, they've got you on video surey.

Cool Gal said...

How exciting. Congratulation on your new endeavor. I know you will do very well.

By the way, I love the new look.

Cute pictures of your little one, too!

Anonymous said...

love the new site! And good job taking the plunge and thanks for your sweet comment on my blog :)

Liz Mays said...

Good for you and I can't wait to see what you do in the stationery section!

Stephanie said...

Congrats! Your site is beautiful:)

Together We Save said...

Wow - starting a business is exciting!! I would love to host a giveaway for you to advertise your space.

Laura Beth said...

congratulations!!! :) :) best wishes! I need a new blog design for my lillypie blog. hm............:) :) :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats girl! Um, we might be talking. I need a new header and button :)

I died of laughter of GG with the blanket on her head. Priceless. I want a video monitor to see what Rylie does too.

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

Awesome!!! Good for you. Good luck with your new business!

Annette said...

Shannon,

Congratulations on your new endeavor! I love your new blog and had no idea you did it all yourself. Even more, I didn't know you had the ability to design your own stationary, etc. What a talent. I'm so excited for you. Best wishes on your new business!

P.S. Pulling all-nighters makes me feel old too--we mamas need our "beauty rest" :)

Tiffany Lockette said...

Congratulations on your new endeavor! So happy for you. Best wishes!