Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Home Tour Tuesday---Kitchen and Recipe Share

First things first...


Whew! It's been a lot of work and countless late nights, but I'm finally ready to debut Persnickety Pages {& More}'s first-ever line of Holiday cards. While I'll continue adding to the inventory of cards throughout the week, I've got many designs ready for purchase in the form of a ready-to-send digital file or print and ship cards in two sizes, 5x7 and 4x8. For those extra picky gals that want help designing their own signature Holiday card, I'm happy to oblige with a Custom Holiday card order! And for a limited time, I'm offering all photo cards at a special, one time only, Holiday price with 10% of every order going to the Salvation Army's Angel Tree Program.

I hope you'll take a moment to swing by Persnickety and check them out, but of course, I can't mention my Holiday cards without giving you a mini preview here!



{This is Laura's custom Holiday card! Doesn't she have an adorable family?}

Now on to Home Tour Tuesday!

Welcome, y'all! It's time for the first ever Home Tour Tuesday, hosted by Flip Flops and Pearls  and yours truly! If you haven't been by Daphne's blog you should head over after linking up and show her some bloggy love! Not only is Daphne an Alabama girl like me (not to be mistaken for Alabama fan, you know I could never do that to my Gators), she's practically a neighbor, living only about half an hour away! Once again blogging proves what we all know to be true, it really is a small world!

I'm really excited to host a regular themed post and hope that many of you will decide to share in the fun and link up! Today's theme is: Kitchen Decor and Holiday Recipe Share. You'll have to forgive my pretty pitiful post. It's lacking a lot of the details I wanted to include but will just have to post at another time. As I'm sure you know, sometimes life gets nuts busy, and like Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton taught us, "Something's Gotta Give!"

If you're a first time Webbisodes visitor, welcome! I'm glad you dropped by! I hope that you'll become a regular around here because as many of you know, I do love my bloggy friends! Stay tuned for future Home Tour Tuesday posts. Daphne and I will try to get our acts together and post the next theme in plenty of time for everyone to snap their pictures!





{Do, do, do, lookin' through my back door---This picture was taken from the back door looking into the kitchen.}
{From the breakfast nook}
{From the dining room}

{From the main cooking area}

And of course, the best kitchen accessory of them all... Sweet Bean!






Now for my Holiday Recipe Share. This recipe has become a staple around our home at Thanksgiving. Not only is it absolutely divine, but it fills the entire house with the delicious aroma of pumpkin spice that will surely leave you drooling and counting down along with the oven timer!

Delicious Pumpkin Crisp
Makes 8 to 10 servings
Prep: 15 min: Bake 1 hour 5 min: Stand 10 min

1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
1 cup evaporated milk
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 package butter-flavored yellow cake mix (I use Betty Crocker Super Moist Butter Recipe Yellow Cake Mix)
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup butter melted
Whipped cream (optional)
Ground nutmeg (optional)

STIR together first 5 ingredients. Pour into a lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Sprinkle cake mix evenly over pumpkin mixture; sprinkle evenly with pecans. Drizzle butter evenly over pecans

BAKE at 350 for 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven, and let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve warm or at room temperature with Whipped Cream, if desired. Sprinkle with nutmeg if desired.



Enjoy! Now it's your turn to link up! Can't wait to see what's cookin' in your kitchen!



{Oh yea, don't forget to enter the Royal Blue Papers giveaway. There's still time!}

34 comments:

Cool Gal said...

Your holiday card are fabulous as is your kitchen. I love the white cabinets (I have them, too). So clean and classic.

Oh, my, those Elmo slipper are so cute. I think I need a pair!

I have never had pumpkin crisp. My family will go nuts for this recipe. Yum. With whipped cream and all!

My son has to be at the bus stop by 6:50 in the morning! Grr...that means I'm up my 6:15 to get him up and make breakfast. I spend half my life tired! LOL! Oh well, it gives me time to blog in the morning which is something I love!

I think I'll play along with your "Home Tour Tuesday" next week. What a fun way to get new decorating ideas and recipes.

Happy Tuesday!

Jennifer said...

What a fun new linky party. Next time give me some more notice...LOL! I have told you before I love your style of decorating. The big spoon and fork in the kitchen are my favorite. Well, next to the sweet bean hiding under the kitchen sink! To cute. And the holiday cards look amazing. Heading over to check out the rest of them :)

Cool Gal said...

I've decided to play along. Fun, fun, fun! Thanks!

Karen At Home Blog said...

Hi Shannon!!! Wow, what a post! First of all, LOVE the Christmas cards. You are so talented girl! It makes me even that much more excited about my blog design! I know you are going to do an amazing job.
You know how much I love home decor and I absolutely love your kitchen!!! The chandeliers are to die for! So gorgeous. I will be linking up later for sure once Miss Jillian takes a nap.

Karen

nomo wino daph said...

Oh girl!!

Love that kitchen! Mine looks cluttered and yours looks neat and clean!! Beautiful!

Sweet baby girl.....wah, I miss those days.....to be able to pick up 1549 pieces of tupperware again!

This is going to be a great addition to our blogging adventure! So exciting:)

Kelly said...

Your holiday cards look awesome!! I love the custom one that you did...too cute!

What a beautiful kitchen! It is so neat - makes mine look like a cluttered mess! I might just link up because my cleaning lady comes today so the kitchen will look presentable for a few minutes :) We'll see if I can get the camera out before it gets cluttered again!

Unknown said...

I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE the cards! I'm heading over to PP&M to check out more!

Your kitchen is so wonderful. I think I might have a case of kitchen envy!! I would share mine, but it is need of a new paint job and some updating :)

A Little McD said...

I'm sorry I just drooled all over your nice clean kitchen. It's BEAUTIFUL! And I just have to pat you on the back right now because you are totally rockin the blogging world...great posts, fun linky parties, a new design biz! What will she think of next?!

Aly @ Analyze This said...

Your kitchen is BEAUTIFUL!! I love it! :) GG is a great accessory in the kitchen! And look at those slippers!! I can't believe she wears slippers - how precious!!

Congrats on getting your Christmas Card design out and ready to go!! They look great and I hope EVERYONE uses you!! If they don't, they're dumb. Point blank. :) (I say that oh so sweet!)

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

lol@aly! (they're dumb!)

LOVE YOUR KITCHEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jumping Jack said...

Love, Love, LOVE the cards! Too cute!

Beautiful kitchen! I love your backsplash and GG in the cabinet. I think we need a pair of those slippers too! HA!

I really wanted to play along, but can't seem to find any decent pics of our kitchen. I'll def jump in next week!

Shannon said...

your kitchen is beautiful! and- I love Gillian Grace's slippers! does she keep them on?

Miss Janice said...

Thanks for co-hosting this fun party with Daphne. Your kitchen is gorgeous! I'm gonna get jealous looking at all these huge fabo kitchens! Love those precious Christmas cards as well:)

Liz said...

Those holiday cards are fabulous!! I will definitely be checking out your store, as soon as I figure out which photo we'll be using :)

Stephanie M. Page said...

Your house is so clean! And cute. ;) Heading over to check on your Christmas cards. AND I can ask my friends about advertising, do you have an ad package? :)

Colleen (Shibley Smiles) said...

Totally love the kitchen it is beautiful. Such an elegant yet homey feel to it. Mine is all white and boring, big but not nearly as homey feeling as yours.

I hope to participate next week if your choice is a clean room in my house LOL.

I'm going to add you to my MEME linky list. Any idea on what day you plan to post a sneak into what we need to take pictures of?

Lindsay said...

Your house is gorgeous! SO pretty!

Mama K said...

Your kitchen is gorgeous!! I love the breakfast nook!

And the pumpkin crisp sounds delicious! Yum!

Thanks for sharing...I hope to link up next week (my kitchen is not ready for pictures today...I do my crafting at the breakfast table) :)

Liz said...

what a proper southern home, my dear! and i wish you tons of success with your cards!

Annie said...

The cards look GREAT....and so does your kitchen! I love it. So much character!!

Jen said...

Hi! Fun link up! I'll have to get my act together for next week.

Lovely kitchen...
and we had the same Elmo slippers...passed down from each child. Worn completely out!

Your cards are great too!

Busy Mom said...

I sooo remember those days of the boys playing in the cabinets... I think we lost elmo in the cabinet {or was it ernie} one time... gone for weeks. Guess that shows how often I cooked ;o)... LOVE your kitchen... and sometimes I'd love to move over to the old houses your way... but not while the boys are in school. Thanks for stopping by!

Unknown said...

You have a beautiful home (:

Liz Mays said...

Your home is absolutely beautiful and I'm so happy for you on your new business venture!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I love your cards AND your kitchen!

Shannon said...

Shannon- can you try following mine again? I checked the blocked settings and it says I have no blocked followers... I dont understand. So- let me know if once you try again if it is still blocking you. Thanks!

Sara said...

You have a beautiful kitchen!!

Love GG's slippers :-)

Angie said...

Wow...you have lots going on here today. I want that crsip...you are making my mouth water.

Beautiful kitchen lady :)

I love ALL the cards...awesome job you are so talented!

Ashley said...

Great cards, I like them all! And I love the linky, I'll join in next week!

Ashley E. said...

The cards look great!! I love the colors in your kitchen, so wonderful!

Anonymous said...

those are ADORABLE!! Love those cards :)

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

You have a beautiful home! Thanks for sharing - first time to your blog!

Jen said...

Can't wait to link up next week! Except your kitchen puts mine to shame...

Beanz Thingz said...

So bummed this was only open for one day! I wante to post today. Just didn't get around to things yesterday. Oh, well. It gave me a clean kitchen :-)