Monday, November 8, 2010

Miscellany Monday

{flashlight, anyone?}

one. Gone are the days of playing outside after Sweet Bean's midday nap, and never mind that post dinner walk. Thanks to Daylight Savings Time, by the time five o'clock rolls around here in our neck of the woods, it's dark---really dark! And though we'll settle into our new routine eventually, no one said I had to be happy about it!



Image


{a clean bean}

two. I've said it before---Gillian Grace loves bath time! Just like her Momma, Sweet Bean takes at least two baths a day. But there have been occasions, like after a massively explosive poop or an unusually messy dinner, that the number of baths has skyrocketed to as many as four baths in one day! And though you'd think all that tub time would get old, GG loves it as much now as she always has. Even though it appears our washrags are a little worse for the wear.





Q: How do you know it's time to get new washrags?
A: When they're so thread bare from use that you can see right through them!

{Just curious---What do you say? Washrags or Washcloths?}






{what's that smell?}

three. Have you ever thought that some cheeses smell like dirty feet? Well, at least in our house, I know why.





You never know what's going to happen when you let Sweet Bean loose with a handful of food!



{fur coats and a feather hat}

four. This photo from Hub's cell phone was just far too fun (and strange) to keep under wraps until Friday. And to think I thought Halloween was over, apparently these weirdos well-dressed ladies didn't get the memo. Fortunately, I can say that I wasn't the only one in Target that thought the twosome was a little odd, but I was definitely the only one stalking around like an amateur paparazzi, trying to get my million-dollar shot!









{and the winner is...}

five. Congratulations to Mama K.! She is the lucky winner of the Creme de la Gems giveaway!









{something new and blue}

six. Please check out this week's latest giveaway, courtesy of Becca from Royal Blue Papers.


{thank you and a sneak peek}

seven. Thank you for all of your encouraging words and support with my newest endeavor, Persnickety Pages {& More}. It means a great deal that several of y'all ventured over to my design blog and are now following! I am very excited to announce that I will be debuting my first line of Holiday cards and invitations as well as other stationery goodies, on November 15th---just one week from now!

In the meantime, I'll leave you with a sneak peek:





Hope you're week is off to a great start! Happy Monday!




Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

19 comments:

Aly @ Analyze This said...

1.) Washcloths! Washrags would be an old rag that I'd use for cleaning!

2.) GG put cheese in her shoe?!?! Haha! How silly is she!

3.) Those women in Target are something else! What is up with the long coats?! And the hats???

4.) Cute holiday card! Love it! It's simple, yet so cute! :) (I can't wait to see what you've done with my stationary order/request!)

5.) Tried the multi-purpose Pledge cleaner - it's great! Now I don't have to go from product to product! Saweeeeet!

6.) The scrolling fav icon - umm, hello, that is way cool!!!

Have a great day!! Many hugs to GG!

Kristin said...

Washclothes. :)

Love the holiday card. Good luck with everything!

Bethany said...

Welcome to Mobile! (I'm here, too.) Your designs are so cute! Like you, I used to teach and have recently become a SAHM mom, and am slowly attempting to take on HTML, as well. I wish I could just shake a magic wand!

Lindsay said...

Oh GG! LOVE this post. And how random are those ladies. That would freak me out! HUGS

Bethany said...

Daylight savings has our house all messed up too!! & we call them washcloths. GG is as cute as ever!!!

Mrs. Southern said...

I love that she put the cheese in her shoes! So funny!
Congrats on starting "Persnickety Pages and More" you are so talented and I lived checking out the new blog.

Wade & Melissa said...

I laughed out loud when I saw the cheese in her shoes! Too funny!

Maddox has adjusted well to DST. He slept from 6:30 last night until 6:30 this morning! Yay!

Can't wait to see your holiday stationary! So exciting!

Washrag. I never realized how funny that word sounds until now. I have been calling it that since I could talk. I know we're from the South because my husband calls pants "britches". How funny is that?! hehe

Jennifer said...

I am so with you on settling into this new 'time schedule' but not liking it. Yesterday I felt like it should have been 9pm and yet it was only 5pm! 'Washclothes' are what we call them in our house. Rags makes me think that it is already dirty..LOL! And you should know not to let GG walk around the house with food. I have made that mistake. It smelled like cheese for months before we found the food tucked under a bed somewhere..LOL! So excited to see your new cards :)

Mama K said...

Yay!!! So excited about winning!! It's going to be hard deciding! :) Thanks!!

We say washcloths for use in the shower or bath, and then washrags or dishtowels for the dishes :)

Those women in Target are truly weird!

Love the bath video...W loves taking baths as well...although we only do one a day unless more are necessary :)

The Regal Pup said...

We say washcloths here!

Cute post, as always....

I am thinking I am going to ask Bob for a blog makeover for my birthday in a few weeks! Be on the lookout for me! ha!

Have a great week!

Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam & Dylan Too said...

I'm not a fan of it getting dark so early! Blah! It makes me tired.
My kids love bathtime, too. They'd stay in the tub for hours if they could!

Jessica said...

Must be a Southern thing, because I say washrag too. And my husband also calls pants britches. Oh I love the South!

Southern Living: Preppy Style said...

Okey dokey - I love your stalking mentality! Haha, getting the picture is half the fun! :-)

Can Gigi come show Lallie a thing or two about bathtime, Lallie hates it and it's a nightly struggle! Don't even get me started on the shower, blood curdling screams!

Okay -blog design....I'll trade you a dress for a design!!! Really, I'm serious! I want one of those picture montague things!

Angie said...

I love the look you have going on here...so classy!

We say wash cloth. but sometimes we say ice box...ha!

I think the cheese in the shoe is the funniest thing ever!!! eiiiiww!

Francis said...

I say washcloth:)

Love the christmas card!!

Liz said...

LOVE that you took a pic of those kooky old ladies! They are a rather odd ball couple!

Stephanie said...

:) We call them washcloths!

Oh and I love that you snapped a pic of those women in Target. A real blogger:)

Unknown said...

Visiting your lovely blog again and and inviting you to add this at http://olahmomma.com/momlounge - a mommy blogger directory and more, where you can also meet more mom bloggers like you.

Following us back is deeply appreciated. Thanks and have a great day!

BLR Graham
http://olahmomma.com -- blogging and connecting blogging moms.
{all moms welcome}

carissa said...

your design blog is presh and the tagline is perfect! i'm following!

our washrags look like that too! hunter loves his bath time and getting him out of the bath is definitely the WORST.

those coat and hat gals were weird. what if it was really brad & angelina???!

stinky cheese... ha ha!

gg is so cute!