Monday, March 15, 2010

Menu Monday

Now, I'm no June Cleaver or Bree Van de Kamp (make that Bree Hodge for any of you Desperate Housewives aficionados), so finding the time to prepare made from scratch dinners five nights a week is just a bit too ambitious for me. Between the endless diaper changes, the laundry pile so high National Geographic called wanting to schedule an expedition to its summit, and the three trips to the store to purchase that one item I forgot the first two times I was there, dinners need to be must be simple. The fewer the ingredients the better and minimal preparation is key! As all good moms can, my mom read through me faster than a teenage boy with his first Playboy and shared with me her collection of Kraft magazines. If you've never flipped through an issue of Kraft's Taste of Home or Food & Family, you need to add one to your cart the next time you're in line at the supermarket checkout. The magazines are not only full of simple to prepare meals, but ones that will satisfy even the hungriest of husbands. And, though it's been a while since my last one, recipe postings are back---only under a different title. Menu Monday will feature a tasty, and most importantly, simple recipe that will take center stage on my family's dinner table sometime during the week. So go get that mani-pedi you've been wanting, watch that tv show that's been on your DVR since early January, or spend a little more time playing with your kids; I've got dinner covered!

Easy Chinese Stir-Fry
Prep Time- 10 minutes
Total Time- 25 minutes
Makes 4 servings (1 c. each)

What you need:

1 tsp. oil
1 lb. pork tenderloin, cut into thin slices
3 carrots, sliced
1/3 cup KRAFT Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
2 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
2 green onions, thinly sliced

Make it:

HEAT oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add meat and carrots; cook and stir 5 min.

STIR in dressing and hoisin sauce; stir-fry 7 min. or until carrots are crisp-tender, stirring frequently.


ADD onions; cook 1 min.


SERVE with rice or noodles.


What's on your menu this week?

Photobucket

1 comments:

Tracey said...

Yea! I've been hoping you'd bring these back! Weeknight dinners are soooo not my thing but I gotta do 'em. Thanks! :)