Tuesday, March 30, 2010

March Madness

No, it's not what you think. Despite constantly traveling about town, shooting dirty diapers in the bin after many offensive fouls of the poopy kind, pretending to ignore my 8 month old's double dribbling, and signaling to the Ref (my husband) that I need a time out; this post, contrary to the title, has nothing to do with basketball. But between the crazy weather (hot, cold, warm, chilly, sweater, shorts...Mother Nature make up your mind already) and our at times chaotic day to day life, the madness part seems just about right.

March has a busy month. Here are some of the highlights:

Gillian Grace got her first pair of sneakers, pink high top converse. Great for a girl on the go!


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


With a few warm and pleasant days, interspersed between what has mostly been an unseasonably cool and cloudy March, we began spending more time outside. GG loves the sunshine and we learned, is enamored with her own shadow. We're looking forward to spending much more time outdoors in the months to come.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


We visited our neighborhood park for the first time. With so many great photos of GG taken that day, I want to save the majority of the pictures for a separate post. But here's just a tease...

Photobucket



While visiting my parents, Gammie and I took GG to visit Grandad at work. Ever the proud Grandad, Dad carried Gillian Grace around and introduced her to all his colleagues.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Bret and I ran in our first race since GG's birth last July. Having participated in many runs over the years, including the Disney 1/2 marathon several years ago, it felt good to once again hit the road and take part in a race. Of course, we chose the Annual McGuire's St. Patrick's Day Prediction Run 5k. Costumes are encouraged and beer is the drink of choice post-race so it's really more like a party than a race. The G-Force trifecta (Gammie, Grandad, and Gillian) cheered us on from the race coarse.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


GG made some new friends.

Meet Green Guy (known as G square)...


Photobucket


Photobucket


And Gillian Grace's future baby-sitters...

Photobucket


With GG growing so quickly it was time for a few upgrades. She got a new Britax Boulevard convertible car seat. It's much roomier and now she doesn't fuss when we get ready to go somewhere. And since she's such a great sitter, I began carrying around our Chicco umbrella stroller instead of lugging around the much heavier regular stroller. Why I didn't try this sooner, one will never know. Guess in a lot of ways, I'm still a little reluctant to change, especially if it means that my baby girl is growing up.


Photobucket

Photobucket

What are your March highlights?

7 comments:

Jill said...

Love your blog! Your daughter is beautiful and we have the same nickname! My name is Jill and my friends call me Jillybean. I was born and raised in AL and lived in FL for awhile after college and then again when my husband got stationed there at flight school. Looking forward to following your blog.

Andi said...

Looks like you had a super fun March! I think a couple of our highlights were picnicking in Golden Gate Park with family and watching Avery roll over for the first time.

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

First of all she is adorable! I love the pink Converse, my oldest daughter had a pair when she was a baby. They are the cutest!

It sounds like you had an eventful month, isn't it great how the grandparents just love showing off their grand kids?

Krysta said...

Congrats on running the race, that's such an awesome thing to accomplish! Where did you find the pink crocheted dress and hat?! Adorable!! Also, I am looking for a jogging stroller to buy, do you like yours??

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Whew...you've been busy.

And, tell me about them growing up. My oldest now has a booster seat. I'm teary eyed just thinking about it.

The Regal Pup said...

Your March is starting to sound like what our April and May will be! She is so precious!!! Love all the pictures. Great job on the run too! :)

Anonymous said...

I remember that time too--it was like Oh wow! You guys are happy & comfortable now? Huh! The next seat is a booster at around 2.5 years old (I think). That one is THE BEST!! It is the easiest.
I remember when we got rid of all of our strollers--it was weird. Yours is super cute!!