Worn out from the five a.m. wake up call courtesy of the newspaper delivery man's bad aim and another day doing what I do best, being a stay-at-home-mom, I finally found the time to sort through my inbox. Waiting for me somewhere between the sale reminder emails from Pottery Barn and the latest chain letter from a forward lovin' friend (you know what I'm talking about and you've probably got one too), I discovered a surprise from Ashley Bray. Ashley from The Bray Family blog, has awarded 10 bloggers with two awards, and believe it or not, I am one of the lucky 10! Channeling Vicki from The Real Housewives of Orange County, " Can I get a woohoo?!"
I began our blog almost a year ago at the strong urging of a good friend. "Family and friends need a way to keep up with you during your pregnancy," she said, "plus it's really easy!" Taking her advice (as I usually do) and beginning a blog that has since grown to include followers with whom I've never actually met, has been a rewarding journey. Not only do I enjoy posting and receiving comments on our blog, but I also enjoy reading other family blogs. So many thanks to all my fellow mommy bloggers. You entertain, comfort, and motivate me to solider on through all the ups and downs, perks and pitfalls of motherhood.
Now it's my turn to pass this award on to other bloggers that I consider beautiful. But first the small print---THE RULES:
- Thank and link the person that gave you the award.
- Pass this award onto 10 bloggers you’ve recently discovered and think are fantastic.
- Contact the winners and let them know they’ve won.
- State 10 things about yourself. (I changed this one slightly---from 7 to 10.)
10. Wacie's Way
9. Kitchen Belleicious
8. Life from Pippy's Perspective
7. Kevin and Amanda
6. Feels Like Home
5. All things Fluffy, Fashionable, and Famous
4. Living Our Own Fairy Tale
3. Jillian, Inc.
2. The Ross Family, Est. 2007
1. Tales of Little Bitty
Now, 10 things about me:
1. I believe that through God all things are possible.
2. I am an only child. And, yes I am spoiled!
3. I talk to myself when no one is around. Don't worry, they say you're only crazy when you answer.
4. Thanks to randomly tuning into Stephen King's It when I was a child, I have an unhealthy fear of clowns.
5. I have a weakness for 80s hair bands, in particular Bon Jovi. Don't ask why, it just is what it is.
6. I love reality television. I secretly want to be one of Bravo's Real Housewives, but realize that my life on t.v. would be less interesting than watching paint dry.
7. As a former teacher, I've dabbled a bit with the idea of writing my own Children's books, but am unsure of what to do with my ideas.
8. I do not like coffee, but I'm seriously looking into a support group for Diet Coke addicts.
9. Moe's is my Seinfeld Soup Nazi! Having to make decisions quickly is my downfall and the line of hungry patrons breathing down my neck is simply more than I can handle.
10. I have poor depth perception and the bruises to prove it!