Thursday, February 11, 2010

Num Yummy!

If someone would have told me a year ago that I would find endless enjoyment watching Gillian Grace eat, I would have laughed and called them crazy! My, how quickly things change. There's just something so funny about watching your baby eat. Even things that would normally drive me up the wall---lip smacking and grunting---sound adorable when they are coming from my Gillybean.

On one of our errands, we picked up a box of Earth's Best Organic Wheat Teething Biscuits. Now to borrow a line from one of my favorite shows, Desperate Housewives and Eva Longoria-Parker, my child is my calling card. I take great pride in the fact that Gillian Grace never leaves the house in soiled clothing, a damp diaper, or uncombed hair. I always pack several extra outfits in case of an accident or spill and I've changed more diapers and clothes in the back of my SUV than I can count. That being said, one of my biggest pet peeves is to see an unkempt baby or child. After all, it's not like they can change themselves!

Well, moments after being handed her first teething biscuit, my adorably sweet and pristinely dressed Gillian Grace looked as if she could have auditioned for the lead orphan role in Oliver Twist. She was a Ragamuffin, albeit an extremely cute one! She had biscuit caked from one ear to the other and slobbery biscuit gunk all over her dress and tights. If it weren't for the crusted biscuit clinging to the edges of her mouth, I would have thought she had skipped the eating part and just gone straight to rubbing it all over every inch of her body. With temperatures too cold for a change in the back of the car, I did what I have criticized so many others for and dragged my child, food stains and all, into the store. So publicly, I apologize to all the moms that I criticized and judged in my head. I was wrong. With babies, mess happens and sometimes there's just nothing you can do about it.

Whether it was the biscuit or the mess, Gillian Grace couldn't have been happier that day. She thoroughly enjoyed herself making everything, even the mess, worth it!

I quickly learned after our first experience with the teething biscuit that clothes should be optional.

Yummy!


Lovin' every messy moment!

A beautiful mess and someone couldn't be happier about it.

1 comments: