Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Introducing, Lillian!

A little over a month ago, my cousin Leslie gave birth to a beautiful and healthy baby girl. At the time of my post, Leslie and her husband, Scott, hadn't settled on a name. However, it didn't take long before they decided on the name Lillian Leigh. Lillian is a family name (Lillian was our grandmother's mother's name). Leigh is a name Leslie liked and also happens to be my middle name.

Leslie says she calls the baby Lillian, Lill, and Lilly---whatever works, right? Bret and I think it's funny since our little one will be named Gillian, a name we've liked and had set since first learning we were having a girl. Imagine, girl cousins born only months apart with rhyming names! I can't wait until we will able to introduce the two. Hey Lillian, meet your cousin Gillian! Forget Dr. Seuss, I'm thinking Gillian and Lillian should be the main characters in a children's book of their very own...my mind is already spinning. Lord knows I need a creative outlet to occupy myself until our little one decides to make her appearance. After all there's only so much laundry, organizing, and blogging one can do! These final remaining weeks have me going stir crazy, but I know without a doubt Gillian will be worth the wait!

Okay since not everything is about me (I know hard to believe, right?) I should get back to the subject at hand---Leslie, Scott, and Lillian!

Congratulations once again! We are all thrilled and couldn't be happier for Leslie and Scott. I just received a few pictures of Lillian this morning and couldn't wait to get them posted.





0 comments: