Monday, May 31, 2010

Miscellany Monday

{1} Happy Memorial Day! It's official, summer is here! It's already HOT and STEAMY here in the South. We spent the holiday weekend hanging out and recouping at my parents'. Even the thunderstorms and rain couldn't dampen our spirits; we were just so thankful to have everyone healthy and smiling once again!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
{2} A good nurse is worth her weight in gold. GG had several nurses during her hospital stay, but none were as kind or attentive as Miss Val and Miss Dana. I'm not sure how they hid their angel wings beneath their scrubs, but these two women were Heaven sent.

{3} Pitter Patter, GG is up to something. Exactly what that something is, I'm not revealing just yet. But, I will leave you with a little hint...

Photobucket

{4} I'm so quick to judge---Why hasn't she emailed or called back? I can't believe he didn't hold the door for me, what's his problem? Why is that store clerk so unpleasant?---But a stressful week spent worrying over a loved one's health has reminded me to hold off on such hasty judgments, for you never know the heavy burden that others may be carrying.

"Therefore you have no excuse, O man, every one of you who judges. For in passing judgment on another you condemn yourself, because you, the judge, practice the very same things." Romans 2:1

{5}Beginning today, I'll feature one "Commenter of the Week" on the sidebar. Not only do I enjoy reading your comments, but I feel that they've given me the opportunity to meet {and get to know} some truly incredible women. Your comments have been a source of inspiration, support, and encouragement for me. This is my way of recognizing you and saying thanks for contributing to our little soap opera called life.

This week's first "Commenter of the Week" is Ashley from Sweet Southern Prep. A loyal reader, I can always count on her for thoughtful comments. And just this past weekend, she included Gillian Grace in her weekend inspiration prayer request. Ashley is definitely deserving of her bloggy moniker; SWEET is just one of the adjectives I'd use to describe this Southern lady.

{6} Thanks to Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle for the Sweet Blog award and Heather from Life with the Ardies for my first Trendy Blog award {more on this award later}.

Photobucket


Photobucket


{7} Congratulations Jenn, the winner of my Mimi's Babies Giveaway! Please get in touch with me by Wednesday afternoon to claim your store credit. And, keep your eyes peeled for my next review/giveaway, beginning later this week.

Photobucket


What's on your mind today?

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

Have a great week!

Photobucket

19 comments:

I'maNolaGirl said...

I love GG in her sweet patriotic dress! And the photo of her pitter patters is adorable!!

Melissa said...

You always put GG in the prettiest little outfits but of course maybe it is that she is such a pretty little girl!!

Kudos on the foot capture getting moving little feet is not at all easy.

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

Love the USA dress!! She's adorable.

And thanks for posting the quick to judge part -- I needed to be reminded of that as well.

Blessings on your Monday!

Rachel

carissa said...

yay - it's so great to have you on this misc monday! gg is such a beauty and i love all her patriotic get up! so cute cute cute! she must be walking... how sweet! i love all those rolls! #4- i'm quick too. it's so true though, we have no clue sometimes what others are facing. i need to learn to extend nothing but grace just as the Lord has extended grace to me! have a beautiful day! i love you commenter of the week feature - super cute!

The Regal Pup said...

I loved her bloomers! They are adorable! I hope you all have a great Memorial Day!

The McCrystals said...

I'm so glad she's home and back to posing for her awesome pictures!

Having been through a similar scare, I know exactly how blessed you feel everyday that she's home with you.

Happy Memorial Day!

Carissa Mason said...

Your daughter is absolutely precious!! And those rolls on her feet are so stinkin' adorable! I am SO GLAD to see she is feeling better and that you guys are able to hopefully enjoy your memorial day! Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some comment love yesterday. I appreciate it!

Amy said...

So glad everyone in your house is doing wonderfully..

Love the baby feet and smiles..

Have an amazing Day..

Anonymous said...

GG is so beautiful and I really love the outfit!

Thank you for joining in!

Have a blessed Monday,
Kate

Summer said...

Love GG's outfit and super cute festive headband! Glad she is feeling better and she looks super cute! I used to be quick to judge also but I am not anymore you never know what that person is going through....

Love your miscellany
Super cute
xoxo
Summer :0)

Nicole said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog for the Lady Blogger BBQ! Love that you are in Alabama, also. (I am a transplant from Georgia!) Just had to say your daughter is sooo adorable and have an excellent memorial day weekend!

Anonymous said...

She is so adorable!

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

that headband was too precious!
glad GG is feeling better...(you posting the details soon???)

and yea...about the 'pitter patter'...look out world! haha

Liz said...

YAY for healthy babies, holidays, headbands and hats! SOOOO glad all is well now! And look at YOU with your new swanky awards! :) Congrats!

Sweet Southern Prep said...

Thanks for my little shout-out. I love leaving comments, and hearing about others' lives, and what things need to be lifted up in prayer. I'm so glad to see GG so happy in all of these photos! Such a tremendous blessing these little children in our lives are, like precious, little angels sent from heaven.

Just a heads up, I know you've received many awards, but I've got just one more for you tomorrow. You and your blog definitely deserve it. :)

Jenn said...

Oh my gosh, how cute is she?!!! :)

Thank you so much for stopping by! Your husband was a big baby, huh!! My Grandpa was 12lbs and big babies run in the family (my 2 older first cousins each had a 10lb baby). I think I'm doomed to big ones LOL

Lindsay said...

Such a fun blog you have!!!! Okay the cutest little baby feet ever LOVE it! Such a fun picture.

jen said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog today so I could find your little corner of the world. Yes, all those kids are my bio kids and I love them to death! I'm adding you to my blogroll, so I'll be back to see what you're up to!
kiss those toes for me!

Liz said...

I love the patriotic outfit... too cute! Looks like GG is walking?!? Love that shot :)