Guess it's time to buy that plane ticket to Vegas, because I'm on a winning streak! Jennifer over at Life with the Lebedas, has just passed along the Honest Scrap award. Since I still get excited over reader comments and new followers, you can only imagine that I'm on cloud 9 with this latest recognition.
Fortunately, the rules for this award are simple, state 10 things about yourself then pass this award along to 10 fellow bloggers.
The hard part comes from finding 10 things about me that are interesting enough to post and that I haven't already mentioned.
1. As though it's not obvious, I'm addicted to the computer, particularly to blogging. I need a support group, perhaps I'll start my own. I'll call it Cokemputerholics since I'm also in need of a serious intervention for my Diet Coke habit. Any takers?
2. I am as blind as a bat without my glasses or contacts. Without them I cannot see
two feet two inches in front of me. At night I have to wear my running watch just for its light-up feature. I cannot even see the green glowing numbers on my alarm clock, my vision is simply that bad. I've contemplated Lasik, but my fear that something will go wrong is far greater than my desire to permanently forgo glasses and contacts.
3. Magnification mirrors frighten me. There are just certain parts of my face that I don't need to see exaggerated to five times their normal size, you know what I mean?
4. After seeing Jaws as a kid, I am terrified of sharks! I could be on the verge of spontaneous combustion, yet I will not venture into water deeper than my ankles. And some 20 years later, I still do not like to float in the deep end of our family pool unless others are swimming. I also used to think that alligators lived in our pool skimmers. But oddly enough, even with those
somewhat totally irrational fears, I still find myself watching Shark Week on Discovery every summer.
5. I will walk around the block if it means avoiding a grate in the road or sidewalk. I will not step on one for fear of falling through.
6. I love fountain drinks and always have to buy one when I'm out running around. I know it's a complete waste of a dollar and some change, but the combination of fizz, caffeine, in a cup with lid and straw is just too much for me to resist. I must have one! I especially love shopping in Target while sipping on a diet coke. Simple pleasures, it just doesn't get much better!
7. For as neat and organized as I claim to be, my SUV is a dumpster on wheels. I've got practically enough spare baby clothes thrown here and there to open my own store. And while I keep meaning to empty out the storage space located on my driver's side door, it has yet to happen and there are gum wrappers and receipts dating back to the Clinton administration.
8. I am a planner. Two months after Gillian Grace was born I submitted paperwork to have her placed on the waitlist at a local private school. She will enter Pre-K half day in 2013.
9. As I've grown older, my patience has decreased while my expectations have continued to rise.
10. I am not afraid of death or dying, but rather of losing those I love. I pray that day never comes...
A little bloggy love to show I care
It's an award sent just for you
Because I really enjoy what you do!
Check out these fabulous blogs:
The Bray Brunch
Diary of a Diva Mom
Thanks again, Jennifer for this wonderful award!