As mentioned in a previous post my Dad made the most mouth-watering breakfast pastry on Christmas morning, a cinnamon pull-apart. This delicious recipe is as sinful as it is easy (according to my Dad anyway) and is guaranteed to have your family rushing back for seconds...or thirds...or fourths....just as our family did Christmas morning!
Cinnamon Pull Apart Rolls
1 package (24 oz.) frozen dinner rolls, slightly thawed
1/2 c. butter melted
2/3 c. sugar
1/3 c. brown sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. chopped pecans (optional)
1/2 c. sugar and 2 tsp. cinnamon, mixed to roll dough in
- Grease angel food cake pan.
- Stir sugars, cinnamon, and nuts into melted butter.
- Pour 1/2 mixture in bottom of pan.
- Cut rolls in quarters and roll in dry mixture of cinnamon sugar.
- Arrange 1/2 the rolls in the pan.
- Pour the remaining butter/sugar mixture over the rolls.
- Add remaining rolls.
- Cover with a damp cloth and let rise 3 to 4 hours or overnight.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
- Remove from pan while still warm.
Serves 10 to 12 people.