Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

'Twas the night before Christmas when all through my parents' house
Not a sound could be heard except for my snoring spouse
All five stockings were hung by the fireplace so neat
With hopes that Santa would drop by, email, or tweet
Gillian Grace was snuggled in her crib counting sheep
While I wished for a silent night and some much needed sleep
When all of a sudden there was a loud boom boom kerplunk
But it was just a car on Spanish Trail with a lot of bass in the trunk
Then later I heard the most astonishing sound
I crept down the stairs for a quick look around
When what should I see crouched down near the tree
But ole St. Nick with his bag of goodies staring back at me
With a finger to his lip he whispered, "Please be quiet
And about this cookie, don't tell Mrs. Claus since she's got me on a diet."
With the head of gingerbread man jammed in his mouth
He began to tell me about his long trip to the South
Then we chatted about the weather and Tiger Woods
Needless to say he's on the naughty list and won't be receiving anything good
Before too long Santa was on his way
Up the chimney toward his red sleigh
He patted his reindeer before climbing aboard
Then into the night sky Santa soared
Shouting all the way as he flew far out of sight...

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

Merry Christmas from our sweet lil' candy cane.

0 comments: