Tuesday, May 26, 2009

My SPS Shower

On Thursday, May 7th, my friends at St. Paul's honored me with a baby shower at a co-workers home. It was a beautiful shower complete with all the amenities that make a social event fabulous---good conversations, advice, friends, and of course delicious CAKE! My mom and Aunt Helen made the short drive over from Pensacola to join the celebration. Showing none of the apprehension most Dads-to-be may have about attending an event with all women, Bret once again charmed the pants (or should I say pearls, after all we are in the South) off those ladies!

My second grade team hosted the shower and set the bar high for future showers, including those that I may host in the future. I feel truly blessed to have such wonderful friends in my life. Liza, Lonnie, Kim, and Heather are truly amazing women and I know that despite my new career path as a stay-at-home mom, we'll remain close.

Unlike the surprise shower hosted a few weeks prior by my second graders and their moms, I knew about this shower. The weather was surprisingly pleasant for the early May date. As I opened my gifts on the deck surrounded by family and friends the smell of Confederate jasmine and honeysuckle wafted through the air on a nice breeze and I couldn't help thinking about the many ways God has and continues to bless my life.







1 comments:

Tracey said...

You look beautiful! And, look how long your hair is! I love it! :)