Oh and for the sweet tooth out there, have no fear. I'll still be posting the occasional sinfully indulgent dessert recipe. After all life's too short to always pass up dessert.
Cuban Mojo Chicken
|1/4||cup fresh orange juice|
|1/4||cup fresh lime juice|
|2||garlic cloves, minced|
|1||teaspoon cumin, ground|
|1/2||teaspoon dried oregano, crushed|
|20||ounces chicken breasts, boneless, skinless|
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a zip-top plastic freezer bag or shallow dish; add chicken. Cover or seal, and let stand 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade. Grill chicken until done.
- Pour marinade in saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil 2 minutes, stirring often. Serve chicken with marinade.
- (Double marinade if extra sauce is preferred for serving with rice or pasta.)
Spinach and Black Bean Enchiladas
|1||tbsp vegetable oil|
|1||tsp cumin seeds|
|1||c. black beans|
|10||oz frozen spinach|
|2||c. enchilada sauce|
|3||c mozzarella cheese, low fat|
|1||c sharp cheddar cheese|
- Saute onion, garlic, coriander, cumin in vegetable oil.
- Add frozen spinach and black beans.
- Microwave corn tortillas to soften
- Spoon beans and spinach into each tortilla, add cheese and roll.
- Pour enchilada sauce over the entire dish and top with remaining cheese.
This is on the menu for tonight. Check back to see how it turns out.
*All recipes on this page can be found at Calorie Count.