Saturday, June 20, 2009

And the Celebrations Continue...

Happy Anniversary to Us!

Today, Bret and I are celebrating our wedding anniversary! We were married six years ago in Pensacola, Florida. We always knew we wanted a June wedding but the stars aligned in 2003 and made choosing a date easier and more meaningful. In the year we were married, my parents' anniversary (June 20th) fell on a Friday. We chose to get married the next day---a Saturday. Bret and I felt that we couldn't get the weekend off to a better or more appropriate start, than beginning by recognizing and celebrating the successful marriage of my parents.

I would say that I'm lucky to be married to a man like Bret, but I know that luck has nothing to do with it. Luck is winning the lottery or being able to catch yourself after tripping before falling to the ground. Meeting and marrying a man like Bret is a blessing!

I always knew that the man I'd spend the rest of my life with had big shoes to fill---my dad's. He reminds me of my dad in so many ways...

I am thankful for each day that I get to spend with Bret, my best friend. XOXO!






Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads everywhere. Here's hoping your day is full of joy and that you are surrounded by those you love.

Dad, you are the best dad any child could ever ask for. No matter how old I get, I will always think of myself as Daddy's Little Girl . I can not recall a time when you have not been there for me. Thanks for giving me a lifetime full of fond memories. I love you!

0 comments: